- Dualism – yes
- beast vs. Lamb
- Pessimism – nope
- The death, resurrection, and glorification of Christ destroys pessimism.
- Determinism – absolutely no
- No prearranged history
- We have free will
- What we do matters
- Imagery – are you kidding?
- Numerology – tons of it
- Recapitulation – yes, yes, at least 5 times yes!
- Suffering – sadly, yes – for many
- Pseudonymous – No. John writes as himself
- He does reposition himself in an earlier time to talk about the past as if it is the future.
- God as Creator – completely
- Creation is affected by evil and God’s judgement, but never totally destroyed
- God as Covenant-Maker – Dang skippy!
- God renews His covenant – Rev 21:3-4
- “And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.’”
- A new Israel/people – Yes.
- The church is the bride of the Lamb
- An ideal King/Messiah – 100% YES!
- The Lamb who was slain, the King of kings, the Lord of lords.
- A rebuilt temple – nope.
- The end of evil – definitely!
- That is the great hope of Revelation
Taken from Answers For Chicken Little: A No-Nonsense Look at the Book of Revelation by Dan Boone