Fighting the Fight Pt. 1
- The sermon lists two extreme responses to spiritual warfare:
- Ignore it and taking it too lightly
- A fearful preoccupation with Satan’s kingdom
Which of these extremes have you leaned toward in your walk with Jesus?
What do feel is the proper perspective?
2. Holiness and sanctification are imparted by Jesus – Heb. 13:12
From reading Gal. 5:13-15, 22-26; Eph. 4:1-6; 5:15-17:
What is the evidence of holiness in our lives?
3. Satan has many names, among them the Deceiver (Rev. 20:10), the Accuser (Rev. 12:10 NKJV), murderer & liar – John 8:44.
How would remembering these names change our daily battle with him?
4. Satan is a defeated foe and has a set destiny:
He is under a sentence of doom – Isaiah 14:15
He is under an unending curse – Gen. 3:14-15
He will be cast out of heaven in the tribulation – Rev. 12:7-9
He will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity – Rev. 20:10
In light of Satan’s ultimate destiny:
How this affect your daily struggles?